Most of us choose jewelry based on our feelings or experience. We go in front of the mirror and try it out. Some we like, some we eliminate. We imitate compositions we like on others. If you are looking for a clearer answer to the question "Which necklace would suit this combination?", you can find that answer in this article.
I will tell you how to choose a necklace.
Classifying the necklaces, naming and describing them provides a unity of concept. Let's do this first.
Let our first classification be by length.
1. Collar - 30-36 cm rests above the collarbone. This name refers to a specific point.
2. Choker Length - 30-40 cm We call necklaces used in the area that covers both the neck and a little bit below the collarbone, choker jewelry.
3. Princess - Princess - 40-45 cm rests 2-3 cm below the collarbone.
4. Matine - Matinee - 50-55 cm It stops in the middle of the chest or slightly above it.
5. Opera - Opera - 60-70 cm It stops slightly below the chest near the bellybutton.
6. Halat - Rope - 75-80 cm It stops below the belly button.
7. Lariat (Y necklace) - 85-90 cm +nothing longer than that :)
Now let's take a look at the collar types.
I can give you dozens of collar names. But all of them are versions of these 6 shapes. Square - Round - V - Flat - Asymmetrical - U neck.
Is there math to match? When is a match possible?
Appropriateness is all about the correct and effective use of 10 general design principles. It is very important that you understand them thoroughly.
10 Basic Design Principles
1. Emphasize: To emphasize is the principle that you will decide first when choosing jewelry. If you want to emphasize the dress, choose your jewelry more simply. If you want to draw attention to your decollete, let the pendant sparkle, color, and movement be at the point where you will emphasize. Keep the balance if you don't want one to get ahead of the other.
2. Balance: For example, you chose the necklace suitable for your collar type, but you also wore bracelets, rings, and earrings. The composition turned into a mess. In this case, give up some of the jewelry to keep the balance.
3. Hierarchy: Of course, we are talking about visual hierarchy here. Our eyes perceive the outside world in a certain hierarchy. In this case, we can draw the attention of the other person to the points we want with balanced choices. If we have chosen a beautiful outfit and jewelry, it is possible that our hair, which we want to keep away from the eyes and which we didn't have the time to get a cut, will not be noticed.
4. Örüntü: It means order and repetition. This is an element that increases quality. Like the repetition of a form or color in a dress on the necklace…
5. Rhythm: The eyes should slide easily from the necklace to the dress, from the dress to the hair, etc. If you have made choices that are disconnected from each other, you will make it difficult to perceive the whole.
6. Space, Area: In some collar types, wearing jewelry is mandatory in my opinion. If your décolleté is bare or empty, you leave a cold impression.
7. Proportion: If you want to look taller, choose matinee, opera, or rope necklace lengths. You can choose a deep V-neck dress. Your general body type is the determining factor in which jewelry you choose. For example, if you are overweight and short, you may not prefer a collar model necklace to leave your neck longer. Or you can increase your décolleté accordingly.
8. Movement: It always makes you the center of attention. The eye is sensitive to movement. For example, the dangle earrings you wear can be the focal point of your overall look.
9. Harmony: Look at your body entirely when making your choice. The necklace you choose should fit somewhere in this unity.
10. Contrast: You may not always prefer. But sometimes you can make an effective impression by bringing out the differences.
You don't need to know all these details. Because I have prepared a catalog based on these principles, which necklace is appropriate to use with which collar type. You can find this catalog at the end of my article. Print out this catalog. Keep it ready in your jewelry box, in your vanity drawer. Or download to your phone. If you don't have enough assortment to match your current clothes, complete them by purchasing new items.
Now let's classify and name the jewelry in the table so that we can find what we're looking for. These words will help you when you search the internet.
1. Statement necklace: They are big, eye-catching jewelry. For this jewelry, either a suitable cleavage or a turtleneck sweater is required. Otherwise, they don't look nice. Their length often does not exceed the princess size. Let me give a few examples
• Ethnic big necklace
• Bib necklace
• Multi-thread necklace
• Multiple string necklace
• Fringe necklace
2. String bead necklace: It is created by arranging stone or metal figures in repetitive sequences. They can be of any length. They can be produced in a length suitable for every collar type. You can match from the table and choose the appropriate one. If the length decreases and the number of strings increases, the appearance will evolve into a statement necklace.
3. Chain with Pendant: I made a distinction in this way because I can say that it is the most popular jewelry today. They can be used with almost any collar type. The thing you need to pay attention to is the chain lengths. If you prefer an adjustable chain, you can lengthen or shorten it according to the size of your collar. When adjusting the chain length, pay attention to the point where the pendant stops. As you make this adjustment, look at yourself as a whole; your dress, hair, colors, what you want to highlight, etc. But in general, adjusting your décolleté to a length that will center it will provide you with a more balanced look.
Let's list some of the varieties:
• Lasso necklace • Locket necklace • Name necklace • Horoscope necklace • Stone necklace • Bar necklace
4. Choker - You can also achieve this effect by tying a scarf of suitable thickness around your neck. It is even possible to use the scarf by inserting it into a ring. Thus, you can save the textile air and turn it into jewelry. • Torque necklace: A necklace used by stretching or opening like a handcuff. Often there is a 2-4 cm gap between the two ends. These four groups of jewelry are enough to look stylish. Of course, we can add many subheadings to each of them. This is your free space where you can reflect your taste…